The assignment for this project was to design a bespoke typeface for a family. My ‘family’ at that moment was the shared house I lived in. For creating a custom typeface I tried to get into a dialog with the place. The house is very much characterized by the quantity of things/stuff/ trash lying around which are relics of former inhabitants and our landlord. Those things were used for designing a special ‘Krokodille Kollektivet Typeface’.
Therefore I started to collect those things, put colour on them and print with them on paper. The abstract forms deriving from that printing progress were used to set up the single letters of the typeface.